While achieving a rocking bikini body can be motivation enough for some to strengthen their core; some find that fueling their body’s powerhouse is a bigger reason. Not only does your core facilitate and support your body’s ability to perform at a stronger level, it also houses your body’s inner organs and central nervous system. In other words, it helps you do just about anything.
Movement begins from the inside out, and when you have a rock-solid center movement becomes stronger and reduces the risk of pain or injury. Not to mention, when your core is strong you tend to hold yourself in a more confident way. You have more body control, and when you carry yourself with control it exudes power and gives the impression that you are in control of your life.
Let’s take a lot at some of the most effective workouts that strengthen your core and your ability to gain more control of your body.
1. V-Pass With Exercise Ball
Begin by lying face up on the floor, holding an exercise ball over your head with both hands, your legs together and extended straight on the floor.
1) In one movement, tighten your core and lift your arms and legs off the ground, placing the ball between your feet.
2) Squeeze the ball with your legs and lower your arms and legs back to the floor.
3) Repeat, passing the ball back to your hands. That's one rep. Start by doing 8 to 10 reps and then increase as you become stronger.
2. Ball Plank Tucks
Begin by placing your shins on an exercise ball, fully extended body and your hands firmly on the ground in a plank position.
1) Use your lower abdominal muscles to bring your knees to your chest and roll your feet on top of the exercise ball
2) Hold for 1 second before returning to the starting position. Start by doing 8-10 reps and then increase as your become stronger.
3. Side Balance Crunch
Begin with left knee and left hand on the floor, right arm straight up and extend your body.
1) Squeeze core while you extend right leg so your body forms a straight line.
2) Pull right knee toward torso and right elbow toward knee. Straighten arm and leg. Repeat 8-10 times, and then switch sides.
With consistent practice you'll start to notice a lot of improvement on your core. The rewards will be amazing when you start to notice just how much more your body can perform. Check out our exercise balls below to enhance your workouts and force your body to control itself in any other workouts you like!
One of the most versatile pieces of home gym equipment you can own. These exercise balls are great for yoga, pilates or to tone your body! They even work great to replace your office desk chair! Available in 4 different sizes & 4 colors!