We're ready for Back to School season! Let's kick it off with some must reads for the upcoming year.
If you didn't know, every round of our 60 Day Hydration Challenge, we challenge our participants further with weekly "mini challenges"!
Last round we had a Warriors That Read Challenge where they shared their favorite quotes and their favorite books!
Check out 10 of their favorite books below.
1. "Where the Crawdads Sing" by Delia Owens -Coming out in 2018, this is a coming-of-age murder mystery novel! The story follows two timelines that slowly intertwine. The first timeline describes the life and adventures of a young girl named Kya as she grows up isolated in the marshes of North Carolina. The second timeline follows an investigation into the apparent murder of Chase Andrews, a local celebrity of Barkley Cove, in a fictional coastal town of North Carolina.
2. "The Mountain Is You" by Brianna Wiest -This is a transformative self-help book that focuses on the block between you and the life you want to live. The author uses the mountain to explain how all the imperfections, experiences, insecurities, and hardship you've faced so far built up in time and formed your personal challenge that you must overcome in order to grow.
3. "Parenting Scripts: When What You're Saying Isn't Working, Say Something New " by Amber Lia and Wendy Speake -Focusing on the most ordinary and yet troublesome areas in our daily routines, Parenting Scripts helps parents to craft intentional and well thought out words. When parents step back to consider their children's wrong actions, there's a chance they can plan the right reactions.
4. "The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey -teaches you both personal and professional effectiveness by changing your view of how the world works and giving you 7 habits, which, if adopted well, will lead you to immense success.
5. "Stop Overthinking" by Nick Trenton -This self-help book isan indispensable guide to breaking free from the negative thought patterns holding you back. Learn how to recognize your negative spiral triggers, overcome anxiety attacks, and declutter your mind to live a stress-free life.
6. "Find Your People" by Jennie Allen -In a world that’s both more connected and more isolating than ever before, we’re often tempted to do life alone, whether because we’re so busy or because relationships feel risky and hard. But science confirms that consistent, meaningful connection with others has a powerful impact on our well-being. It explores the important and timely topic of finding, developing, and keeping true friends in a hyper-individualistic society.
7. "The Little Book of Big Lies: A Journey into Inner Fitness" by Tina Lifford -Tina guides you on a journey of self-discovery that will help you turn shame into self-acceptance, self-rejection into self-love, blame into freedom, and old hurt into power.
8. "The Woman in the Window" by AJ Finn -A mystery book that was recently made into a movie! The book follows the life of Dr. Anna Fox who suffers from agoraphobia and lives a reclusive life at her large home in New York City, where she one day witnesses a murder across the street. The book was praised for its suspenseful plot and its perceptive exploration of isolation, mental illness, trauma, and resilience.
9. "Hillbilly Elegy" by J. D. Vance -Vance describes his upbringing and family background while growing up in the city of Middletown, Ohio. He writes about a family history of poverty and low-paying, physical jobs that have since disappeared or worsened in their guarantees, and compares this life with his perspective after leaving it.
10. "Body Thrive: Uplevel Your Body and Your Life with 10 Habits from Ayurveda and Yoga" by Cate Stillman -Evolving your habits doesn’t have to be a struggle. In Body Thrive, wellness expert Cate Stillman guides you into 10 critical daily routines based on Ayurveda that will rejuvenate you by aligning your daily schedule with natural biorhythms. Rather than presenting a rigid checklist of scheduled tasks, Cate encourages easy and steady progress through small actions.
Comment your favorite book below! 👇
If you want to find your people and challenge yourself further, we've got you covered! Join our 60 Day Hydration Challenge to make new friends to keep you motivated!