Begin by lying face up on the floor, holding an exercise ball over your head with both hands, your legs together and extended straight on the floor.
1) In one movement, tighten your core and lift your arms and legs off the ground, placing the ball between your feet.
2) Squeeze the ball with your legs and lower your arms and legs back to the floor. 3) Repeat, passing the ball back to your hands.
That's one rep. Start by doing 8 to 10 reps and then increase as you become stronger.
2. BALL PLANK TUCKS
Begin by placing your shins on an exercise ball, fully extended body and your hands firmly on the ground in a plank position.
1) Use your lower abdominal muscles to bring your knees to your chest and roll your feet on top of the exercise ball
2) Hold for 1 second before returning to the starting position.
Start by doing 8-10 reps and then increase as your become stronger.
3. SIDE BALANCE CRUNCH
Begin with left knee and left hand on the floor, right arm straight up and extend your body.
1) Squeeze core while you extend right leg so your body forms a straight line.
2) Pull right knee toward torso and right elbow toward knee. Straighten arm and leg.
Repeat 8-10 times, and then switch sides.
With consistent practice you'll start to notice a lot of improvement on your core. The rewards will be amazing when you start to notice just how much more your body can perform. Check out our exercise balls below to enhance your workouts and force your body to control itself in any other workouts you like!
About the Author
Lauren Kutschke is a freelance content writer and social media manager. She loves to hike, ski and spend time with her husband and dog. Lauren has a passion for photography and is currently learning German.